I won’t lie. Pat Shand is a guy I’m a little jealous of because he seamlessly weaves comics and novels into one awesome career. He’s raised $20,000+ on Kickstarter and had exclusive contracts with comic publishers. He’s written Marvel books, including Guardians of The Galaxy, and he’s just killing it.
I’m not even gonna attempt to list out the rest of his bibliography here, but you can find it by clicking here.
I don’t know how Pat and I met, especially because we live on different coasts, but I am super excited that we did because he has been an awesome and supportive friend along with making great projects. I must track down Vampire Emmy and the Garbage Girl somewhere. It’s essential to by existence.
Pat came on the show to talk about building a living as a writer and to pimp his new book Clonsters, which is on Kickstarter now. You should check it out. The art is incredible.
Listen to this episode if you want to know:
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to reach out to your fans
- How to bridge the writing gap between comics and novels
- Why networking is so important to writing success
- How Pat writes 3+ novels in a year
- Why you shouldn’t be pissed at creators if their covers suck
- How to book jobs (both the sneaky way and the best way)
- Why you should always buy from creators you meet
- How to test an artist properly
If you like this episode, tell Pat by finding him @patshand on twitter. Talk to him positively about stuff you love if you want to win his heart.
If you are digging this show, please head on over to iTunes to subscribe, rate, and review it today by clicking here.
If you are an author or creator yourself, don’t forget to join our FREE Facebook community, Authors and Creators Making Money Selling Books, by clicking here.