Andreea (A.G.) Billig is the founder of www.selfpublishingmastery.com, an author, and motivational speaker. I am part of her upcoming Self Publishing Mastery virtual summit and wanted to have her on the show to talk about it, her career, and how authors can master self-publishing.
Here is her writing bio, straight from www.agbillig.com.
She began writing short stories at the age of 8. Imagining plots and characters became her favorite pastime, leaving little time for playing with toys and dolls. Soon after, she started taking part in national literary contests and children magazines featured her creations. The grown-ups acknowledged her gifts, speaking on radio, TV and in print about the 13-year-old writer. They also awarded her with several first prizes in the most important national writing contest for young people in short story, reportage and drama categories.
At fifteen, A.G. finished her first novel, a book she may decide to publish someday. She also discovered that she could express her creativity as a journalist. She wrote articles and interviews for several newspapers and magazines, she was a TV host and a radio presenter. In addition, after gradutaing from University, she developed a career in communication, as a PR Consultant.
- G. Billig’s first collection of short stories is called Four Doors and Other Stories. It’s been launched as en eBook in November 2012 by MP Publishing (U.K.). A revised Romanian version was released in paperback and digital by Datagrouppublishing house in June 2013. She chose to self – publish her first non-fiction book. “I Choose Love!” was realeased on the 20th of March, 2016, and became a best seller on Amazon in four different categories.
As the daughter of a French father and an Eastern European mother, A.G. is a natural born traveler. Her trips took her across Europe, to the Americas. It was during a spiritual journey to Brazil to the magical land of Abadiania, at the end of 2010, that she found out that writing is her life purpose.
When she is not imagining things, she enjoys dancing, doing sports (skiing, skating and kick box aerobics), taking long walks, reading, listening to the music and being outdoors. She shares her flat with the lovely Oona The Yorkie.
Listen to this episode if you want to learn:
- What authors can do to get more visibility on their work
- How to find your ideal readers
- Why it’s important to know your readers
- How librarians can be your best friend
- Why word of mouth is the best marketing
- Why crafting a 360-degree experience for your readers is important
If you liked this episode, make sure to check out A.G. Billig on Instagram @ag_billig. Also, make sure to check out her site at www.selfpublishingmastery.com.
If you want a free chapter of my new book Sell Your Soul: How to Build a Creative Career, just click here.
If you haven’t joined our Facebook group to help you make more money selling books, click here.
And don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes if you liked this episode at www.thebusinessofart.us/itunes.